OLATHE, Kan.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Harry Herington, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV), was honored by Government Technology journal as one of its “Top 25 Doers, Dreamers & Drivers” of 2017. The award, given by one of the main sources of digital authorities information, acknowledges people within the digital authorities subject who display that revolutionary know-how use can remodel authorities operations, dramatically enhance citizen engagement, and improve service supply. Mr. Herington is the one particular person honoree acknowledged this 12 months from the personal sector.
“This year’s Top 25 is an inspiring look at what’s right in the public sector,” stated Noelle Knell, editor of Government Technology. “Their work is marked by big ideas, bold thinking and skillful execution on the promise of truly digital government.”
Mr. Herington has spent 34 years in public service, serving in regulation enforcement and with the League of Municipalities in Kansas earlier than becoming a member of NIC in 1995 to assist remodel interactions between authorities and the residents and companies it serves. He was named CEO of NIC in 2008 and continues in that position in the present day.
“To be recognized as a ‘dreamer’ after more than three decades in public service is humbling,” stated Herington. “I have never been more excited about the future of digital government than I am today. Future technology is going to radically change how people interact with government, and I look forward to NIC working to harness that power to continue to make government interactions more efficient and convenient.”
NIC congratulates all of the Government Technology Top 25 Doers, Dreamers & Drivers for 2017:
- Tanya Acevedo, CIO, Travis County, Texas
- Alex Alben, Chief Privacy Officer, Washington
- Jason Allison, Former CIO, Florida
- Beth Blauer, Executive Director, Center for Government Excellence, Johns Hopkins University
- Cathy Cleek, CIO, California Franchise Tax Board
- Gerald “Jay” English, Public Safety Program Manager, National Coordinating Center for Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Anthony Foxx, Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Harry Herington, CEO, NIC
- Capt. Chris Hsiung, Investigations and Special Operations Division, Mountain View Police Department, Calif.
- Christopher Hughes, Assistant Director, Utah Division of Purchasing
- James Keene, City Manager, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Lauren Lockwood, Chief Digital Officer, Boston
- John McCaffrey, CIO, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Oswaldo Mestre Jr., Chief Service Officer and Director of Citizen Services, Buffalo, N.Y.
- John Miri, Chief Administrative Officer, Lower Colorado River Authority
- Dewand Neely, CIO, Indiana
- Rita Reynolds, CIO, County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania
- Anne Roest, CIO of New York City, Commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Ted Ross, CIO and General Manager, Los Angeles Information Technology Agency
- Samir Saini, CIO, Atlanta
- Leigh Tami, Chief Performance Officer, Cincinnati
- Rebecca Woodbury, Senior Management Analyst, San Rafael, Calif.
- Team Missouri
Rich Kliethermes, Acting CIO, Missouri
Michael Roling, CISO, Missouri
Steve Siegler, Deputy CIO for Operations, Missouri
- Team Tumml
Clara Brenner, Co-Founder
Julie Lein, Co-Founder
- Team Urban.Us
Shaun Abrahamson, Co-Founder
Stonly Baptiste, Co-Founder
Government Technology’s Top 25 Doers, Dreamers & Drivers annual awards program has acknowledged greater than 400 folks since its inception in 2002. Recipients are chosen based mostly on their file of utilizing know-how to resolve issues, enhance citizen companies and remodel inner operations.
Founded in 1992, NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is celebrating 25 years as the nation’s premier supplier of revolutionary digital authorities options and safe fee processing, which assist make authorities interactions extra accessible for everybody via know-how. The household of NIC corporations has developed a library of greater than 13,000 digital authorities companies for greater than 5,500 federal, state, and native authorities businesses. Among these options is the ground-breaking digital authorities private assistant, Gov2Go, delivering residents customized reminders and a single entry level for presidency interactions. More info is obtainable at www.egov.com.
About Government Technology | www.govtech.com
Government Technology is about fixing issues in state and native authorities via the good use of know-how. Government Technology is a division of e.Republic, the nation’s solely media and analysis firm targeted completely on state and native authorities and schooling.